09 March, 2008

Spring Forward !

Quite an eventful 2 weeks passed by and we are here shifting gears from winter to spring . DST is in effect from today and we lost an Hr in the bar(gain)! I was away in Greenville, SC for 2 days last week with a prospective client and found it to be surprisingly pleasant, although it was pouring cats and dogs for at least 3 hrs while I was on I-85. If we land the deal, I would be shifting to South Carolina ( named supposedly in honor of Charles I/II of England ) no later than May 2008...Frankly, I am looking forward to it, although a month back I could not name a single town in 'The Palmetto State' !
What else last week?? Indians beat the Aussies in their backyard at what they are normally good at, Dhoni singing his way to the bank, Hillary carrying TX and OH ( Is that any good now ?? Nothing however is black and white except the D candidates themselves ) , Earth quaking all over...if you wanted to know the real deal...click right here to see what mother earth is cooking underneath and where she serves it up! , Tamil writer Sujatha passed away...I remember hearing a lot about her in my teens growing up in Neyveli , but I really don't recall anything big , except that at a later point I learnt that 'Sujatha' was S. Rangarajan' nom de plume...! I changed her sex in my mind.
I am looking forward to the next weekend when the 2008 Formula 1 season kicks off in Melbourne....ooooh...can't wait to hear those awesome machines...sweet sound of automobile engineering at it's limit....now that's one good thing about this sport, the ability to raise the bar year after year...you can always expect a better machine than the one used the year b4. I am not predicting anything here...but Force India will not be a force to reckon with...it's just another 'look-at-me-what-I-have-done' stuff for Mr.Mallya. Some interesting duel in the offing between Mclaren and Ferrari, not to forget the Renaults and the BMWs...3 cheers to the motor (sport) spirit !!!
It's Carlsberg time and I am off for now !! Adios and have a great week ahead !

No comments: